Successful testing has been performed in Windows 8 (64-bit) utilizing Office 2010 (32-bit). ActiveX references were installed and properly registered. Utilizing a Prime version 12.2 front-end, the installation procedure was followed thusly:
- Log on to Windows 8 as a user with administrator status.
- Run Microsoft Access 2010 as administrator–right-click the icon and choose “Run as Administrator”. This step is imperitive, even if you have logged on as an administrative user.
- Open the front-end.
- When prompted, open the “Clients Link Manager”.
- Click the “Create DSN” button. You should get a “DSN Created” messagebox.
- Click the “Test Connection” button. You should get a “Test Succeeded” messagebox.
- Click the “Refresh Tables” button. You should get a “Attachments successfully made” message box.
- Close the “Clients Link Manager” box.
- The “Staff sign in” page should appear.
To create a “Tile” on the start page:
- On the Desktop create a shortcut that has a target of MSACCESS followed by the front-end, something like this:
- “C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office14\MSACCESS.EXE” “C:\Program Files (x86)\Kemps Prime\cfwprime12final.mdb”
- Make sure the shortcut works and opens the front-end.
- Right-click on the shortcut and choose “Pin to Start”.
- Hit the windows key on your keyboard to return to the Start screen.
- The new tile should appear there.